Chinese dictionary
adv.dialinfmlaltogether; at all; (usually in the negative) from the start
她全忘了,好像压根儿没有这事。
She's clean forgotten about it, as if it had never happened.
压根儿没有这事。
This never happened in the first place.
我们压根儿没有忘。
We never forgot in the first place.
她压根儿就没对过。
She has never been right.
压根儿就不知道
have had no idea from the start
此事压根儿不值一提。
The whole thing is a big nothing.
进那所学校压根儿不是我的意思。
It wasn't my idea to go to that school.
你持什么意见我压根儿不在乎。
I do not care a damn about what you think.
他压根儿就不对。
He is absolutely wrong.
我们压根儿不会跳舞。
We simply cannot dance.
我们压根儿不赞成你的主张。
We don't agree with you at all.
他压根儿没理睬我。
He didn't take a blind bit of notice of me.
压根儿没有想到,我及格了。
Much to my surprise, I passed.
我们压根儿没有希望获胜。
We don't have a hope in hell of winning.
我再次见到他时,他压根儿没有理我。
When I next saw him he completely ignored me.
synonym
Word usage
- Note"压根儿" is used in negative sentences, and should be used in front of negative words. If used with "就", "压根儿" will carry a stronger meaning.