v.acknowledge somebody as one's teacher/master; be formally apprenticed to; come under one's tutorship
I wish to acknowledge him as my teacher.
ceremony to honour one's master
He went out to do obeisance teacher apprentice since the childhood.
- Separable word"拜" and "师" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
The disciples formally acknowledged Confucius as their teacher to gain knowledge.
Only those who have formally acknowledged him as their teachers can be regarded as his true apprentices.
After having formally acknowledged him as his teacher, he worked harder.
Chinese words with pinyin bai shi
Hot words today
- 帽headgear; cap-like cover for something
- 关注follow with interest; follow a blog
- 报纸newspaper; newsprint
- 的used to indicate a modifying and modified relationship
- 我self; one
- 冰淇淋ice cream
- 不not; used to reply in the negative
- 水water; a general term for rivers, lakes, seas, etc.
- 应付handle; do something perfunctorily
- 喜欢like; happy