v.hang; put up
Help me with suspending a mosquito-net.
I want to hang a picture on the wall.
Put up the hat on coat hanger.
v.dialbe concerned about; worry
be concerned about
She's very worried about her mother's illness.
v.dialbe covered with; be coated with
a smile on the face
The pills are coated with sugar.
v.put aside; hold up
Let this matter hang over until next meeting.
The trousers caught on a nail and tore.
v.hang up; ring off
After she finished her conversation, she hung up.
v.dialcall (or phone, ring) up; connect
Call the headquarters.
measure worda set or string (of things)
a string of firecrackers
v.register (at a hospital, etc.)
register for surgery
Words and phrases with 挂
- 挂牵[word]be concerned
- 挂瓦[word]hanging tile
- 挂牌仪式[word]plaque-hanging ceremony
- 挂牌[word]open an establishment; hang out/up one's shingle
- 挂靠[word]be affiliated to
- 挂耳[word]suspension loop
- 挂果[word]produce/bear/yield fruit
- 挂帅[word]be in command; take charge
- 挂图[word]large wall map; hanging chart
- 挂冠而去[idiom]hang one's hat on a rafter and leave
- 挂一漏万[idiom]for one thing cited, ten thousand may have been left out
- 挂肚牵肠[idiom]be deeply concerned
- 挂灯结彩[idiom]be festooned with lights and streamers