adv.a short while ago; then and only then; just
How have you only just found out?
I didn't know what was going on until she explained it to me.
The performance has just started.
adv.(used in comparison indicating that something is less in quantity or frequency, inferior in ability, or lower in level, etc.) only, merely
Now the factory has several thousand workers, up from a mere 200 at the beginning.
The child is only six, and he already knows quite a few characters.
He was only three years old then.
man of mediocre talents
a person of talent
n.talent; ability; capacity; capability
That man is a real talent.
adv.(often preceded by or a sentence of similar meaning) only if
Only by relying on the masses can we do a good job.
It takes a lot of practice to learn to write characters.
Must we wait till the crane arrives before we start loading?
adv.really; (preceded by an expression of reason or condition) not unless; not until; then and only then; for no other reason
She is no fool.
You are really good.
He has not the least desire to stay there forever.
Words and phrases with 才
- 才识过人[word]be gifted with talent and insight far beyond the average person
- 才貌[word]talent and beauty
- 才藻[word]poetic talent
- 才貌双绝[word]be brilliant and handsome
- 才学[word]talent and learning
- 才俊[word]person of uncommon/superb talent; superb/extraordinary talent
- 才多识寡[word]scintillate with wits but the lack in experience
- 才艺[word]talent and skill
- 才华横溢[idiom]be full of wit
- 才疏学浅[idiom]be crude and unlearned
- 才子佳人[idiom]talented man and beautiful woman; operatic theme that tells the story of a gifted man and a beautiful lady
- 才德兼备[idiom]have both talent and virtue
- 才兼文武[idiom]talented both mentally and physically
- 才貌双全[idiom]both talented and good-looking
- 才高行洁[idiom]be superbly able and virtuous
- 才大心细[idiom]have a great talent and an attentive mind
- 才思敏捷[idiom]be of keen/sharp intellect