v.ascend; mount; scale (a height); climb
All sailors went ashore.
We finally reach the summit of the mountain after three hours.
We ascended Mountain Tai.
v.publish; record; carry; enter (in the media)
The news has been published in the newspaper.
The article was published.
We entered an emergency notice in the Evening News that day.
v.be gathered and taken to the threshing ground; (of grain) ripen; mature
bumper harvest of all cereal grains
v.succeed in imperial exams
pass the imperial civil service examination and win a title
Words and phrases with 登
- 登基[word]ascend the throne
- 登陆[word]land; enter the market of an area or region
- 登陆舰[word]landing ship
- 登陆作战[word]landing operations
- 登第[word]pass the palace examination and win the title of jinshi
- 登陆部队[word]landing force
- 登临[word]climb a hill, a tall building, etc. which commands a broad view
- 登高一呼[idiom]make a clarion call
- 登龙有术[idiom]very skillful in finding a powerful patron to advance one's career
- 登堂入室[idiom]pass through the hall into the inner chamber
- 登峰造极[idiom]reach great heights
- 登台拜将[idiom]makes someone the commander-in-chief
- 登高自卑[idiom]In order to climb up high, one must begin from the bottom.
- 登山涉水[idiom]climb mountains and wade through rivers