v.belittle; despise; look down upon
We can't despise our opponents.
You should not look down on him simply because he is poor.
He tends to belittle my efforts.
look down on manual labour
look down on women
make light of the problem
ignore others' advice
contempt for specialized studies
be held in contempt
Chinese words with pinyin qing shi
Hot words today
- 帽headgear; cap-like cover for something
- 关注follow with interest; follow a blog
- 报纸newspaper; newsprint
- 的used to indicate a modifying and modified relationship
- 我self; one
- 冰淇淋ice cream
- 不not; used to reply in the negative
- 水water; a general term for rivers, lakes, seas, etc.
- 应付handle; do something perfunctorily
- 喜欢like; happy