adj.light; of little weight; easy to carry
This box is very light.
Oil is lighter than water.
The little girl is very light in weight.
adj.small in number, degree, etc.
He is very young.
This job is very light.
adj.relaxed; carefree; not serious
All is light without disease.
gentle; soft; gently; softly
The box must be handled with care.
He gave me a nudge.
He patted me on the shoulder.
think sth unimportant; belittle; make light of
This matter has a lot to do with him.
The bus was not at fault in the traffic accident.
mean and worthless
Words and phrases with 轻
- 轻飘飘[word]light; light
- 轻装[word]light pack; light equipment
- 轻纺[word]textile and other light industries
- 轻言[word]say something in haste
- 轻量[word]light weight
- 轻车简从[idiom]travel with little luggage and few attendants
- 轻重缓急[idiom]order of priority
- 轻而易举[idiom]be as easy as rolling off a log
- 轻装上阵[idiom]go to the battlefront without any mental burdens
- 轻描淡写[idiom]mention casually
- 轻车熟路[idiom]a light cart and a familiar road -- make easy progress from experience
- 轻手轻脚[idiom]move cautiously/quietly
- 轻歌曼舞[idiom]sing merrily and dance gracefully
- 轻举妄动[idiom]act rashly/impetuously