adj.poor; with little or no money
His family is very poor.
He was poor but proud.
The reason our schools cannot afford better teachers is because people here are poor.
emerge in an endless stream
get to the bottom of something
make a thorough inquiry
run down enemy troops and attack fiercely
have an exhaustive check-up
extremely extravagant and luxurious
v.exhaust; use up
use all one's armed might to wage war
Words and phrases with 穷
- 穷交[word]friend in adversity
- 穷骨头[word]poor wretch
- 穷醋大[word]same as 穷措大
- 穷秀才[word]impoverished intellectual
- 穷途落魄[word]no ways and means for living
- 穷竭[word]use up
- 穷相[word]appearance or manner suggestive of abject poverty
- 穷极无聊[idiom]be utterly bored; absolutely senseless
- 穷奢极欲[idiom]wanton extravagance
- 穷困潦倒[idiom]be poor and wretched
- 穷乡僻壤[idiom]remote hinterland
- 穷则思变[idiom]Poverty gives rise to a desire for change.
- 穷追猛打[idiom]hotly pursue and fiercely attack
- 穷途末路[idiom]be in an impasse
- 穷凶极恶[idiom]extremely ferocious/villainous and wicked
- 穷山恶水[idiom]barren mountains and unruly rivers