v.select; choose; pick
We must learn from the best.
Select one of two.
determine a departure date
Choose an author as you choose a friend.
take up one's residence
Words and phrases with 择
- 择友[word]choose friends
- 择优[word]select the superior ones
- 择食[word]be choosy about one's food
- 择校[word]choose a school
- 择交[word]choose friends
- 择伐[word]selective felling
- 择偶[word]choose a spouse
- 择肥而噬[idiom]select the rich for extortion
- 择优录用[idiom]select for employment on the basis of one's qualification
- 择善固执[idiom]choose what is good and hold fast to it
- 择善而从[idiom]choose and follow what is good
- 择优录取[idiom]enroll only those who are outstanding
- NoteWhen pronounced as "zé", "择" is usually used in written language; when pronounced as "zhái", "择" is usually used in spoken language in daily life, such as "择菜".