v.stretch/draw tight; strain
strain the wire
stretched on the body
v.spring up; bounce
The spring bounced off.
The spring jumped out.
v.dialmanage with difficulty
keep up appearances
v.make rough stitches; baste; pin; tack
stitch up the bed sheets
tack a collar
Gold characters basted on a piece of red fabric.
n.embroidery frame; hoop; tambour
framed matting made of bamboo
v.dialcheat/swindle/hoax somebody (out) of his money
He defrauded others out of several hundred yuan.
n.bed frame strung with rope or fibre
bed frame strung with coir
The bed's framed matting is broken, and should be repaired.
Words and phrases with 绷
- 绷子床[word]bed of framed matting
- 绷场面[word]keep up appearances
- 绷子[word]embroidery frame; bed frame strung with rope or fibre
- 绷弓[word]device for preventing slamming of door
- 绷弓子[word]spring or piece of bamboo fitted to a door to make it close automatically; catapult
- NoteWhen pronounced as "běng", "绷" is used to to describe one's control over one's own facial expressions, such as "绷着脸"; when pronounced as "bèng", it refers to "cracked because it is too tight", such as "西瓜熟得绷开了缝儿".