n.grass; hay; straw
The sheep are grazing on the hillside.
Straw can be used both for fodder and for papermaking.
The field is overgrown with grass.
prepare a draft
The handwriting is very sloppy.
These characters are written in a sloppy hand.
v.draw up/out; make a draft
start an enterprise
outlaw in the woods
turn to a life of banditry
adj.infmlfemale livestock or poultry
n.(of calligraphy) cursive hand
a highly cursive script
cursive hand; running hand
Words and phrases with 草
- 草药[word]herbal medicine
- 草房[word]thatched cottage/shack
- 草民[word]common folks
- 草纸[word]rough straw paper; toilet paper/tissue
- 草率收兵[idiom]call off a battle perfunctorily
- 草泽英雄[idiom]gallant outlaws
- 草率从事[idiom]act without due consideration
- 草草了事[idiom]do something rashly
- 草率了事[idiom]dispose of a matter carelessly
- 草长莺飞[idiom]The grasses are tall and the nightingales are in the air.
- 草草收兵[idiom]withdraw troops in a hurry
- 草莽英雄[idiom]greenwood hero
- 草菅人命[idiom]show utter contempt for human life
- "草" is often matched with measure word "根"or"捆"or"堆".
one blade of grass
one bundle of grass
one pile of grass