Chinese dictionary
- 1
v.take part in; participate in; get involved in
她的事好比黄蜂巢,插手不得。
Her affairs are like an wasp's nest. It's best not to get involved.
人足够多了,您就不用插手了。
You don't have to join in, there are more than enough people on the job already.
这件事你千万不能插手。
You must not get involved in this.
- 2
v.help with; lend a hand
无需插手
need no help
活都干完了,不用我们插手了。
All work is finished, and our help is unnecessary.
她想帮妈妈干家务,但又没法插手。
She wanted to help her mother with the household chores, but didn't know how to.
- 3
v.interfere in; have a hand in; poke one's nose into; meddle in
怎么也想不到她会插手。
We never thought she would poke her nose into this.
有智慧的父母不会插手儿女的婚事。
Wise parents will not have a hand in their children's marriage.
在任何情况下,我们都不能允许别国插手我国内政。
Under no circumstances will we allow other nations to interfere in our internal affairs.
Word usage
- Separable word"插" and "手" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
我想帮他,但又插不上手。
I wanted to help him, but I didn’t know what to do with it.
他做事不允许别人插一下手。
He doesn't allow others to interfere in his work.
这件事我从来没有插过手。
I've never meddled in this matter.