v.get; obtain; gain
She got full marks.
I got the highest score.
He obtained a large sum of money.
win the championship
pleased with oneself
be very pleased
v.dial(used before verbs to express permission or possibility, usually in the negative)
The warehouse is an important place and shall not be entered.
fit for use
appropriate to the occasion
Dinner is ready.
The clothes are not finished.
v.infml(used to express helplessness or frustration)
Look! I've got it wrong again!
v.infml(used in ending a statement to indicate agreement or prohibition)
v.infml(of a calculation) result in; equal
Three times three is nine.
Two times three equals six.
v.contract/catch (a disease)
Words and phrases with 得
- 得知[word]be informed of
- 得人心[word]win popular support
- 得劲[word]feel well; fit for use
- 得志[word]achieve one's ambition
- 得救[word]be saved
- 得病[word]be infected with a disease
- 得力[word]benefit from; capable
- 得脸[word]win praise; win/gain favour
- 得过且过[idiom]muddle along
- 得意门生[idiom]the favorite pupil
- 得不偿失[idiom]the game isn’t worth the candle
- 得道多助[idiom]Just cause enjoys abundant support
- 得意洋洋[idiom]cheerful and confident
- 得天独厚[idiom]be richly endowed by nature
- 得意扬扬[idiom]now written as 得意洋洋
- 得寸进尺[idiom]try for a yard after getting an inch
- 得意忘形[idiom]grow dizzy with success
- NoteWhen pronounced as "dé" in spoken language, "得" means completion; when pronounced as "děi", it has a strong spoken language style, meaning "it must and will be", such as "我得走了".