take shelter from the rain
Why do you keep avoiding him?
How did he avoid the guards and get to my cell?
v.go into hiding
The rabbit hid in the hole.
You cannot escape the eyes of the people.
I'll hide behind the door.
Words and phrases with 躲
- 躲藏[word]hide/conceal oneself
- 躲猫猫[word]play hide-and-seek
- 躲闪[word]evade; find words to avoid a question without answering it head on
- 躲雨[word]find shelter from the rain
- 躲避[word]hide/conceal on purpose; avoid
- 躲风头[word]lie low until something blows over
- 躲懒[word]shy away from work
- 躲开[word]get out of the way
- 躲灾避难[idiom]avoid the coming trouble
- 躲躲藏藏[idiom]daren't show up openly