v.mail; send; post
The parcel has been sent by post.
My friend sent me a birthday present through her brother.
I am going to post a letter today.
v.fmlentrust; deposit; place
I often entrust the key to my neighbor.
The country places hopes of development on the younger.
Don't count on him to help you.
v.depend on; attach oneself to
live with a relative
live a dependent life
Words and phrases with 寄
- 寄秧[word]raise seedlings temporarily in a field
- 寄信[word]a sort of classified official documentation in the Qing Dynasty
- 寄意[word]send one's regards
- 寄住[word]live away from home
- 寄予[word]express; place on
- 寄子[word]adopted son
- 寄情诗酒[idiom]confine one's feeling to poetry and wine
- 寄人篱下[idiom]live under another person's roof