v.drop; fall; decline; come down
The temperature dropped to minus ten degrees centigrade.
Unemployment is touching the basement.
The elevator descended slowly to the ground floor.
v.reduce; cut down; lower
The price of fruit has gone down this year.
The class drew to a close with the laughter of the students.
The sailors lowered a lifeboat.
Words and phrases with 降
- 降序[word]grade down
- 降幅[word]range of decrease
- 降旗[word]lower a flag
- 降香[word]dalbergia wood
- 降级[word]downgrade; send to a lower grade
- 降旨[word]issue an imperial edict
- 降格以求[idiom]fall back on something inferior to what one hoped for
- 降心相从[idiom]submit to others against one's will