v.pull; drag; draw; tug
The child pulled on his mother's sleeve.
Tighten the rope a bit more, please!
Draw up your chair and let's have a chat.
v.drag out; space out; spin out; extent
pull a long face
drawl one's words
v.infmlempty the bowels; defecate
v.haul; transport; carry; transport by vehicle
get a cart ready for the manure
A flatbed tricycle can be used to carry people.
v.give (or lend) a helping hand; assist; help (out)
We should help him when he is in trouble.
v.drag in; implicate; involve (in)
It was all your own doing, so don't drag in others.
v.play (certain musical instruments)
play the huqin
play the violin
strike up a conversation
v.canvass; solicit; win over; draw in
bring in business
try to gain clout with somebody with influence
v.(often troops/a team) move; lead; organize
raise a contingent of force
v.dialbring somebody up; raise
brought up four children
I was brought up by my grandma.
Words and phrases with 拉
- 拉锯战[word]seesaw battle
- 拉锯[word]dragsaw; work a two-handed saw
- 拉拢[word]draw somebody over to one's side
- 拉出[word]drag out
- 拉平[word]even up
- 拉拉扯扯[idiom]pull or drag somebody about; be hand in hand
- 拉帮结派[idiom]same as 拉帮结伙
- 拉拉杂杂[idiom]not well organized and without a central theme
- 拉家带口[idiom]be saddled/burdened/encumbered with a family
- 拉不下脸[idiom]can’t do something for fear of hurting another person's feelings
- 拉帮结伙[idiom]band together