Chinese dictionary
- 1
v.dialhave no access to something; have no means of doing something
“你能给我搞一张明天的火车票吗?”“我可没门儿。”
"Can you get me a tomorrow's train ticket?" "You are asking the wrong person."
让我去办这样的事,我可没门儿。
I don't know how to handle matters like this.
想搞到考题没门儿。
Do you want to possess a copy of the examination papers? It's impossible.
antonym
- 2
v.dialexpresses impossible
“她想贿赂我。”“没门儿!”
"She wants to bribe me." "It's no go."
凭你这成绩想考这个大学,没门儿。
There's no way you could apply for this university with results like yours.
antonym
- 3
v.dial(expressing disagreement) not a chance; no go; nothing doing
她想一个人独占,没门儿!
She wants to hog all of it? No way!
她想拉拢我?没门儿!
She wants to rope me in? Not a chance!
你可别想蒙我,没门儿!
You can't fool me. No way!
antonym
Word usage
- Separable word"没" and "门儿" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
我没什么门儿,这事儿帮不了你。
I've got no way of handling matters like this. So, I can’t help you.
当飞行员,我看你没一点儿门儿。
I don't think you have the gift to be a pilot.
你想一个人独占市场,没一点儿门儿!
You want to monopolize the market. No way!