n.hallucinatory experience that occurs during sleep when part of the cerebral cortex is still in action
I had a terrible dream last night.
v.dream; see visions
I often dream of her.
v.metawishful thinking; fancy
Since childhood, he had dreamed of being a writer.
She has a dream of being a doctor.
Words and phrases with 梦
- 梦话[word]somniloquy; daydream
- 梦兆[word]dream omen
- 梦之队[word]dream team
- 梦想[word]pipe dream; fond dream
- 梦笔生花[idiom]begin to show one's literary brilliance
- 梦兆熊罴[idiom]a sign of giving birth to a baby boy
- 梦寐以求[idiom]crave something so that one even dreams about it
- 梦幻泡影[idiom]pipe dream
- 梦魂颠倒[idiom]be carried away into a region of dreams
- 梦寐不忘[idiom]always not forget, even in sleep
- 梦中说梦[idiom]speak of dream in a dream
- 梦熊之喜[idiom]compliment on the birth of a boy
- 梦想不到[idiom]be a complete surprise
- "梦" is often matched with measure word "个"or"场".
Chinese Characters with pinyin mèng
- 孟eldest among brothers and sisters; first month of a season in the lunar calendar