v.have an insatiable desire for; be greedy for; covet; one-sided pursuit of; greedy; avaricious
You are indeed greedy.
Don't strive for speed.
He only covets the fame.
v.embezzle; practise graft; be corrupt; hanker after/for
He embezzled a lot of money.
The government is advocating clean government and cracking down on corruption.
Words and phrases with 贪
- 贪小[word]covet small advantages
- 贪心[word]avarice; greedy
- 贪求无厌[word]greedy without stop
- 贪生[word]grudge one's life
- 贪色[word]be fond of women
- 贪官[word]corrupt official
- 贪嘴[word]be greedy
- 贪大求洋[idiom]concentrate on grandiose projects and advanced technologies without considering actual conditions
- 贪得无厌[idiom]flay a flint
- 贪生怕死[idiom]cravenly cling to life instead of braving death
- 贪图安逸[idiom]seek ease and comfort
- 贪污受贿[idiom]embezzle money and engage in corrupt practices
- 贪心不足[idiom]be insatiably avaricious/greedy
- 贪赃枉法[idiom]take bribes and bend the law
- 贪大求全[idiom]initiate grandiose projects
- 贪官污吏[idiom]corrupt and evil officials