Structure:Above to below
Don't be shy.
She blushed with shy.
v.make somebody feel ashamed
Stop embarrassing her.
She burst out crying with embarrassment and vexation.
Her cheeks burned with embarrassment.
This thing scandalized her family.
How can you be so shameless?
She is too ashamed to do so.
He could not live with the shame of other people knowing the truth.
She was mortified to realize he had heard every word she said.
same as 馐
Words and phrases with 羞
- 羞人[word]feel embarrassed/shameful
- 羞恶之心[word]a sense of shame
- 羞臊[word]feel ashamed; humiliate
- 羞辱[word]humiliation; humiliate
- 羞惭满面[idiom]be overwhelmed with shame
- 羞与为伍[idiom]be embarrassed to be seen in someone's company
- 羞花闭月[idiom]so beautiful as to cause the flowers to blush and the moon to hide
- 羞手羞脚[idiom]daren’t move
- 羞与哙伍[idiom]ashamed to be in the same rank with somebody
- 羞愧难当[idiom]be very much ashamed
- 羞面见人[idiom]feel ashamed to see others