Chinese dictionary
- 1
v.give consideration to; take account of
我们应该照顾到实际情况。
We should take consideration of the actual conditions.
我们应照顾大局。
We should take the whole into account.
请客人吃饭时,要照顾到他们的习惯。
If you invite somebody to dinner, you should take their eating habits into consideration.
照顾少数人的利益
pay attention to the interests of the minorities
- 2
v.look after; keep an eye on; look after
她没有工作,只在家照顾孩子。
She is unemployed and takes care of the kids at home.
父母是不能永远照顾我们的。
Parents can't look after us forever.
我弟弟这么小,我必须照顾他。
My younger brother is so young that I must look after him.
照顾受伤的人
look after the wounded
- 3
v.give preferential treatment
老幼搭车,照顾座位。
Give up your seats to elderly people and children.
照顾中国
give preferential treatment to China
给予照顾
give preferential treatment
synonym
Word usage
- Reduplication"照顾" can be reduplicated, for example: "照顾照顾 ".
他年龄小,身体又不好,我决定以后多照顾照顾他。
He is young and in poor health, so I decide to take more care of him from now on.