Chinese dictionary
v.help; do a favor; give (or lend) a hand; assist
你搬家时我会帮忙。
When you move to another house, I'll give you a hand.
若有需要,尽管给我打电话。我很乐意帮忙。
Call me if you need any help. I'd be happy to help.
我刚才去给别人帮忙了。
I helped others just now.
请求帮忙
beg somebody for help
帮忙做家务
help with the house chores
这件事我没法帮忙。
There's nothing I can do in this matter.
找人帮忙
ask somebody for help
最后一次请你帮忙。
Please do me one last favour.
能帮忙把这封信寄一下吗?
Will you do me a favour and mail this letter?
有我能帮忙的吗?
Can I be of any assistance?
需要我帮忙吗?
Can I help you?
如果你没有帮忙,我也许会失败。
But for your help, I might have failed.
她主动帮忙,却遭到断然拒绝。
Her offer of help was met with a sharp rebuff.
antonym
Word usage
- Note"帮忙" is different from "帮助". "帮忙" emphasizes helping people to do specific things and cannot be followed by objects; "帮助" can mean helping people to do specific things, as well as mental or material support, can be followed by objects.
- Separable word"帮" and "忙" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
我实在帮不上什么忙。
I can hardly do any favor.
谢谢你帮了我这么大忙。
Thank you for helping me so much.
他之前帮过我的忙。
He has helped me before.
- Reduplication"帮忙" can be reduplicated, for example: "帮帮忙".
“帮帮忙吧!”她央求道。
"Do something!" she pleaded.