Chinese dictionary
v.get/set/start off; leave (for a distant place)
我觉得我们应该及早动身。
I think that we should set off early.
他明天动身去北京。
He'll leave for Beijing tomorrow.
我们将在午饭后动身。
We'll leave after lunch.
动身回国
leave for one's home country
乘夜车动身
set off on the overnight train
提前动身
set out earlier than planned
动身返回
start back
动身前往
leave for
看样子要下雨了,早点动身吧。
It looks like rain, and we'd better start off now.
动身回家
depart for home
动身起程
set out for the journey
如果你许可,我立即就动身。
In case you give me leave, I will start at once.
动身之前你应该办理度假保险。
You should take out holiday insurance before you leave.
如果我们想赶上那趟公共汽车,那就最好快点动身。
We'd better leave pretty sharpish if we want to catch that bus.
我该动身了。
I must be jogging.
我动身去山谷了。
I set off for the valley.
公车一向很准时,但我们早点动身为好。
The bus is usually on time, but we should start early.
猎人捡起乌龟,动身回家。
The hunter picked turtle up and started for home.
为了弄到好位子,我们匆忙动身去电影院。
To make certain of getting good seats, we hurried off to the cinema.
Word usage
- Separable word"动" and "身" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
他们一大早就动了身,出发去北京。
They departed early in the morning and set out for Beijing.
他什么时候动的身?
When did he depart?