v.fmlcover (up); lid; put a cover/lid on; fit/get a lid on; envelop; film; coat
The snow covered up the fields with a white cloak.
The table was covered in a layer of ash.
The lid of the box hasn't been put on right.
n.fmllid; cover; cap; top
He accidentally broke the lid of the teapot.
There is a well left open in the street.
He forgot where he put the bottle cap.
v.fmlbuild; construct; raise; erect
The dormitory has been built.
The construction workers are putting up the building.
His house hasn't been built yet.
n.fmlshell (of a crab, tortoise, etc.)
v.fmlaffix a seal to; seal
Certificates that have not been stamped are not valid.
He put a handprint on the IOU.
The document was stamped with steel.
v.fmlsurpass; top; excel
Cheers drowned his shouting.
adv.fmlabout; around; approximately
About a hundred people were injured or killed.
n.fmla farm tool used for levelling land; leveller
n.archumbrella; canopy; covering/awning on a cart
the canopy of the heavens
Words and phrases with 盖
- 盖菜[word]leaf mustard
- 盖柿[word]lid persimmon
- 盖印[word]affix a seal
- 盖塞[word]capping plug
- 盖饭[word]bowl of rice served with meat and vegetables on top
- 盖世[word]unparalleled among contemporaries
- 盖韭[word]winter leek
- 盖棺论定[idiom]Final assessment/judgment of a person is possible only when the lid is placed on his/her coffin.
- 盖棺定论[idiom]only when the lid is laid on a person's coffin, can the final judgement be passed on him
- 盖世无双[idiom]second to none
- 盖世英雄[idiom]peerless/matchless hero
- 盖地而来[idiom]come in large numbers
- 盖世之才[idiom]talent unsurpassed in one's generation