n.merit; exploit; achievement
He distinguished himself repeatedly on the battlefield.
He was awarded a first-class merit in the War of Liberation.
n.effect; success; result
crave for greatness and success
work hard but to no avail
His basic skills are very good.
A dancer must consistently practise his skill.
Words and phrases with 功
- 功臣[word]official of merit; a person who has rendered outstanding service
- 功架[word]postures and gestures of an opera performer or actor
- 功能转变[word]function shift/change
- 功函[word]work content
- 功耗[word]power consumption/dissipation
- 功课[word]schoolwork; homework
- 功函数[word]work function
- 功臣自居[idiom]give oneself the airs of a hero
- 功成名就[idiom]accomplish both success and fame
- 功德无量[idiom]great service to mankind
- 功败垂成[idiom]fail within sight of success
- 功亏一篑[idiom]fail to build a mound for want of one final basket of earth
- 功成身退[idiom]retire after being covered with glories
- 功名利禄[idiom]official position and material gain
- 功名富贵[idiom]fame and fortune
- 功不可没[idiom]contribute significantly