n.light; ray; beam
The sun's light is dazzling.
Don't stand in my light.
The light is dim.
Polish the brassware until it shines.
v.polglorious; gracious; add/do honour to; win honour for; add/bring/give glory to; add/shed/throw lustre on
win praises for one's ancestors and enrich one's posterity
bring honour to
reflect glory on one's ancestors
v.used up; with nothing left
Two weeks passed. They ran out of money.
He has eaten up the whole cake.
Our stock of matches is used up.
n.honour; glory; lustre
Athletes win glory for their country.
Her dance is a credit to the party.
A worthless son is a disgrace to his parents.
n.benefit; advantage; good
benefit from association with somebody
scene of spring
adj.smooth; glossy; polished
highly-polished wooden object
This paper is very glossy.
v.bare; be naked
He was naked to the waist.
Don't walk around barefoot.
adv.only; alone; merely
Don't work by enthusiasm alone.
Good intention alone is not enough.
She eats only vegetables and abstains from eating meat.
Words and phrases with 光
- 光头[word]bare one's head; shaved top
- 光棍[word]ruffian; person with a good sense of occasion
- 光临[word]be present
- 光景[word]scene; circumstances
- 光度计[word]light meter
- 光彩[word]lustre; glorious
- 光阴[word]time; #$
- 光天化日[idiom]broad daylight
- 光彩夺目[idiom]dazzlingly brilliant
- 光阴似箭[idiom]time flies
- 光怪陆离[idiom]bizarre and motley
- 光芒万丈[idiom]gloriously radiant
- 光明正大[idiom]aboveboard and straightforward
- 光明磊落[idiom]upright and honourable
- 光芒四射[idiom]radiate brilliant light
- "光" is often matched with measure word "道"or"束".
one streak of light
one beam of light