n.flower; blossom; ornamental/decorative plant
come into bloom
We spent over five years on this project.
I spent a lot of money today.
n.anything resembling a flower
n.design; decorative pattern
red flowers on a green background
The pattern she knitted is really beautiful.
blue flowers on a white background
adj.multicoloured; coloured; variegated; patterned; flower-decorated
adj.(of eyes) blurred; dim
She reads the book and her eyes are dizzy.
adj.attractive but unreal or insincere; fancy; florid; tricky; false; showy
She is up to her tricks again.
Her handwriting is too fancy.
n.pretty young woman; beautiful girl; young, pretty woman
n.datedused metaphorically for courtesans or prostitutes
the most popular courtesan
Don't go looking for pretty girls.
She got wounded in action.
n.cream; essence; pinnacle
It is the flower of the nation.
This is the flower of revolution.
This is flower of literature and art.
break out with smallpox
n.infmlHua, a surname
Words and phrases with 花
- 花茶[word]scented tea
- 花市[word]flower market
- 花边[word]decorative border; lace
- 花椒[word]Chinese prickly ash; seed of Chinese prickly ash
- 花粉[word]pollen; snakegourd root starch
- 花篮[word]flower basket, usually used as a congratulatory gift for funerals or memorial occasions; basket decorated with pattern
- 花灯[word]colorful festive lantern
- 花心[word]two-timing; unfaithful
- 花团锦簇[idiom]bouquets of flowers and piles of silk―rich multicoloured decorations
- 花容失色[idiom]turn pale
- 花前月下[idiom]before the flowers and under the moon-ideal setting for a couple in love
- 花天酒地[idiom]indulge in dissipation
- 花枝招展[idiom]be gorgeously dressed
- 花样翻新[idiom]put old stuff in a new guise; change pattern or design
- 花花绿绿[idiom]brightly coloured
- 花言巧语[idiom]flattery; flatter
- "花" is often matched with measure word "朵"or"盆"or"束".
one potted flower
one bunch of flowers
Chinese Characters with pinyin huā