Structure:Above to middle and below
Softness can overcome strength.
One kilogram is equivalent to one thousand grams.
He bought 500 grams of apples.
This barrel weighs 700 grams.
v.conquer; subdue; subjugate
Victory is inevitable.
He led the soldiers in conquering one city after another.
v.fmlcan; be able to
could not have it as one wished
be able to enjoy
can't attend the meeting
v.decrease; diminish; cut down; reduce
measure wordfmlTibetan unit of volume or dry measure (equal to about 25 jin); Tibetan unit of land area (equal to about one mu)
One gram of highland barley weighs about 25 jin.
v.fmlset a time limit
set a deadline
Words and phrases with 克
- 克山病[word]keshan disease
- 克星[word]one's natural enemy; natural enemy
- 克己利人[word]benefit others at one's own/personal expense
- 克制[word]exercise restraint
- 克隆人[word]human clone
- 克己慎行[idiom]exercise self-restraint and be cautious in conduct
- 克敌制胜[idiom]vanquish/conquer/defeat the enemy and win victory
- 克己奉公[idiom]work selflessly for the public interest
- 克绍箕裘[idiom]carry on what one's forefathers started
- 克勤克俭[idiom]be both hard-working and thrifty
- 克己复礼[idiom]exercise self-restraint and return to rites
- 克尽厥职[idiom]discharge fully one's duty