Let's have a chat.
We chatted all evening.
What are you folks gabbing about?
just for entertainment
quell people's taunts for the time being
may serve as a specimen or stopgap
adv.a little; slightly
Little is better than nothing.
just a little better
as a small token of my feeling
something to rely on
The people have no means of livelihood.
Words and phrases with 聊
- 聊生[word]earn a livelihood
- 聊天室[word]chat room
- 聊以慰藉[word]just to console oneself
- 聊赖[word]something to occupy one's mind
- 聊以自慰[idiom]just to console oneself
- 聊备一格[idiom]may serve as a stopgap/specimen
- 聊表寸心[idiom]just to show my appreciation/gratitude
- 聊复尔耳[idiom]just let it go like that
- 聊以解嘲[idiom]make a feeble attempt to silence jeers
- 聊以自娱[idiom]just to enjoy oneself
- 聊博一笑[idiom]just for your entertainment
- 聊以卒岁[idiom]barely make ends meet at the end of the year
- 聊以塞责[idiom]barely meet the requirements so as to avoid blame