v.go down; set; descend; go/come down; lower; let fall; (of an object) drop
The tree leaves have fallen.
The plane landed smoothly.
A sparrow alighted on a nearby branch.
v.lag behind; fall behind
Britain has fallen behind Japan in shipbuilding.
The lame child lagged far behind.
He fell behind the other runners in the race after a sudden heart attack.
v.decline; come down; drift about; be on the wane
How did you get into such a plight?
His family's financial situation gradually declined.
v.fall onto; rest with; belong to
Responsibility falls on our shoulders.
Completion of the glorious task falls on our group.
A heavy burden rests on our shoulders.
v.stay; stop over; leave behind
stay for a time
v.get; receive; have; win
I don't want to get such a result.
She also received some good profits.
v.set ink (in writting); write with pen; write down
put pen to paper and finish an essay
n.whereabouts; place where one/something stops
n.settlement; residence; place to gather together
Words and phrases with 落
- 落潮[word]ebb tide
- 落霞[word]evening glow
- 落难[word]be in distress
- 落地[word]land; be born
- 落第[word]fail in an imperial examination at and above township level
- 落马[word]fall off a horse; lose a battle
- 落幕[word]come to a close
- 落井下石[idiom]drop stones on someone who has fallen into a well
- 落地生根[idiom]air plant; reach the ground and strike/take root
- 落落大方[idiom]carry oneself with ease and natural poise
- 落拓不羁[idiom]unconventional and uninhibited
- 落荒而走[idiom]take to flight
- 落叶归根[idiom]revert to one's origin
- 落花流水[idiom]sorry sight of late spring; be badly beaten
- Note"落" cannnot be written as "拉".
Chinese Characters with pinyin luò
- 洛Luohe River, name of both rivers in Shaanxi and Henan Provinces respectively
- 骆white horse with a black mane, mentioned in ancient Chinese texts; a surname
- 络net-like things; subsidiary channels in the human body through which vital energy, blood and nutriment circulate
- 咯used a transliteration characters of 吡咯
- 摞make a pile; pile