n.general name for hemp, flax, jute, etc.
adj.numb; tingling; feeling slight prickles, stings or tremors
The cold numbed her fingers.
My tongue felt slight prickles and tremors after I had eaten some Chinese prickly ash.
His feet were numb with cold.
This kind of paper is smooth on one side and coarse on the other.
a book with rough edges
There is a kind of rough wall surface, which is said to be sound-absorbing.
adj.flecked; speckled; pockmarked
Smallpox will leave pockmarks on the face.
adj.(of some food) producing a burning sensation to the taste
This dish is hot and spicy.
n.Ma, a surname
Words and phrases with 麻
- 麻糖[word]sesame candy
- 麻烦事[word]troublesome business
- 麻类[word]bast fiber plants
- 麻醉[word]anaesthetize; corrupt
- 麻衣[word]gunny mourning garment
- 麻纱[word]yarn of ramie, flax, etc.; cambric
- 麻团[word]deep-fried sesame seed ball
- 麻线[word]flaxen/linen thread
- 麻木不仁[idiom]numbed; apathetic
- 麻痹大意[idiom]be negligent
- Note"麻" is usually pronounced as "má"; when pronounced as "mā", it is used in "麻麻亮" and "麻麻黑".