save a life
He is considered to recover a life.
die of violence or accident
n.destiny; fate; lot; fortune
be born under a lucky star
tell somebody's fortune
v.command; order; instruction
order your carriage
v.assign (a name, title, etc.)
assign a theme
assign a topic
give a name
Words and phrases with 命
- 命薄如纸[word]brevity of life
- 命根子[word]one's very life; darling
- 命大[word]extremely lucky; surviving an accident
- 命中偏差[word]deviation of impact
- 命案[word]homicide case
- 命令[word]order; instructions
- 命门[word]the gate of vitality; Mingmen point
- 命意[word]determine a topic; implication
- 命不该绝[idiom]not be destined to die
- 命俦啸侣[idiom]call one's companions and intimate friends
- 命若悬丝[idiom]be at death's door
- 命薄如花[idiom]one's life is as brief as a flower
- 命世之才[idiom]a born talent
- 命该如此[idiom]Fate would have it so.
- 命蹇时乖[idiom]The time and fates are against someone.
- 命在旦夕[idiom]Death may come any minute.
- 命途多舛[idiom]suffer many setbacks during one's life
- "命" is often matched with measure word "条".