v.be broken; be damaged
The bottle was broken.
That box was damaged by him.
shout oneself hoarse
be scared out of one's wits
v.break down; damage
break the cauldrons and sink the boats
Help me cut up the watermelon.
v.get rid of; destroy; break with; break through
We should have the courage to break with convention.
The school makes an exception to let him to enroll.
v.defeat; capture (a city, etc.)
the day the city fell
crush the enemy
v.break; split; cleave
like splitting a bamboo
go to some expense
v.expose the truth of; lay bare
solve a case
A hundred yuan ticket can't be broken.
adj.poor; bad; paltry; lousy; shabby
Who's watching that shit!
Words and phrases with 破
- 破的[word]speak to the point
- 破财[word]lose money
- 破落[word]fall into reduced circumstances; ruined
- 破戒[word]break the religious commandments; make an exception
- 破土[word]break ground; start spring ploughing
- 破解[word]analyse and explain; decode
- 破罐破摔[idiom]smash a pot to pieces just because it's cracked—write oneself off as hopeless and act recklessly
- 破涕为笑[idiom]smile one's tears away
- 破釜沉舟[idiom]break the cauldrons and sink the boats —cut off all means of retreat to show one's determination to press ahead
- 破烂不堪[idiom]torn and tattered
- 破门而入[idiom]break into houses
- 破旧立新[idiom]destroy the old and establish the new
- 破口大骂[idiom]burst into a storm of abuse
- 破除迷信[idiom]abolish away with rid of all fetishes and superstitions
- 破绽百出[idiom]full of contradictions