He is a good person.
It's nice of you to help him.
The crops are doing well.
Are you ok?
adv.(used before adjectives or verbs to show high degree, with exclamatory force) very; quite; so
What a beautiful dress that is!
It's been quite hot this summer.
This university is so big!
adj.(used at the beginning of a sentence or clause, to express agreement, disapproval, surprise, etc.)
OK, it's settled.
All right, no need to say any more.
Yes, that's a good idea!
adj.(used after verbs to indicate finishing or finishing satisfactorily)
The assembly room is set up.
The article has been finished.
I've finished writing the letter.
adv.(used before verbs) be good to; be easy to; be convenient
This book is not easily available.
This question is easy to answer.
It's handy to have the thermos here.
v.in order to; so that; so as to; so that
Tell me her address so that I can go and see her.
Finish this so that you can start another.
Don't forget to take your umbrella in case it rains.
Words and phrases with 好
- 好不容易[word]not at all easy
- 好汉[word]brave man
- 好多[word]a good deal; how many
- 好手[word]good hand
- 好儿[word]favour; benefit
- 好生[word]exceedingly; carefully
- 好评[word]favorable comment
- 好好先生[idiom]a person who tries not to offend anybody
- 好人好事[idiom]fine people and fine deeds
- 好景不长[idiom]Good times don't last long.
- 好事成双[idiom]Good things should be in pairs.
- 好心好意[idiom]good-willed and well-intentioned
- 好自为之[idiom]conduct oneself well
- 好事多磨[idiom]the road to happiness is strewn with setbacks; the course of true love never did run smooth
- 好说歹说[idiom]try every possible way to persuade somebody
Chinese Characters with pinyin hǎo
- 郝a surname