I could smell alcohol on his breath.
That meat smells a bit iffy to me.
She took a deep sniff of the perfume.
have wide learning and a retentive memory
love to see and hear
listen but not hear
what one hears
n.Wen, a surname
Words and phrases with 闻
- 闻诊[word]auscultation and olfaction
- 闻人[word]celebrity; a surname
- 闻者足戒[word]be warned by one's words
- 闻名[word]be famous; be familiar with somebody's name
- 闻讯[word]hear the news
- 闻见[word]what one sees and hears; smell
- 闻风丧胆[idiom]be alarmed at mere rumours
- 闻风而逃[idiom]escape on getting wind of the matter
- 闻名遐迩[idiom]be known to all, far and near
- 闻鸡起舞[idiom]rise at cockcrow and practise one's swordsmanship
- 闻过则喜[idiom]be glad to have one's errors pointed out
- 闻一知十[idiom]be good at drawing analogies
- 闻名丧胆[idiom]The bare mention of somebody's name was enough to scare someone.
- 闻风而动[idiom]answer a call without delay