v.suit; respond to
comes into being
with high proficiency
v.grant; accept; comply with
We were enlisted as helpers.
We specially launched this activity in response to the needs of the majority of readers.
At the invitation of the Chinese government, the French delegation came to attend the games.
v.answer; respond to; echo
I called many times but he didn't answer.
v.deal with; cope with
too busy to attend to all
deal with the contingency
Words and phrases with 应
- 应用程序[word]application program
- 应邀[word]accept an invitation
- 应诉[word]respond to a charge
- 应用层[word]application layer
- 应援[word]respond to a call for help
- 应付[word]handle; do something perfunctorily
- 应召[word]respond to a/an call/appeal/summon
- 应运而起[idiom]take advantage of a turn of events and get on
- 应声而倒[idiom]fall as soon as the bang was heard
- 应对如流[idiom]answer questions without any hitch
- 应答如流[idiom]answer as quickly as the flowing of water
- 应付裕如[idiom]cope with...successfully
- 应运而生[idiom]arise at the historic moment
- 应天顺人[idiom]act according to God's will and the desire of the people
- 应时对景[idiom]be fashionable and adapted to the environment
- NoteWhen pronounced as "yīng", "应" means "should" or "promise", such as "应允"; when pronounced as "yìng", it refers to answering, coping, etc., such as "应聘" and "应酬".