Structure:Left below surround
I squeezed a promise from him.
His families pushed him to study medicine.
He forced her at gun point to give him her money.
force to say
v.fmlpress on towards; advance on
They pressed the enemy hard.
The enemy pressed up to the city wall.
The army has already advanced on the suburbs.
v.exert pressure for; extort
press for quick payment of a rent
press for debt repayment
press somebody into confession
Words and phrases with 逼
- 逼真[word]lifelike; clear
- 逼视[word]look at from close-up; stare hard/sternly at
- 逼租[word]press somebody for rent payment
- 逼和[word]fight somebody to a draw/tie
- 逼死[word]push somebody to suicide
- 逼宫[word]force the king or emperor to abdicate; oust
- 逼良为娼[idiom]force young girls of good families to prostitute themselves; force an honest person to commit crimes
- 逼人太甚[idiom]press people too hard
- 逼上梁山[idiom]be driven to join the Liangshan rebels
Chinese Characters with pinyin bī