measure worda component part in a sequence; level; indicate things that are arranged one on top of the other
The Windows have double glazing.
There was a layer of dust on the table.
His words have an additional meaning.
v.fmloverlap; tier; pile on top of another
emerge in an endless stream
layer upon layer of peaks and knolls
emerge one after another
n.thing made up of layers
There are many tall buildings in this city.
Words and phrases with 层
- 层面[word]range/scope of a certain level; aspect
- 层数[word]number of plies/strata
- 层间[word]between layers
- 层层包围[word]surround ring upon ring
- 层线[word]layer line
- 层出不穷[idiom]emerge in an endless stream
- 层出叠见[idiom]same as 层见叠出
- 层见叠出[idiom]occur repeatedly
- 层次分明[idiom]well arranged
- 层峦叠嶂[idiom]layer upon layer of peaks and knolls
- 层层加码[idiom]be raised without restriction
Chinese Characters with pinyin céng