v.go; leave; depart
Two people went there yesterday.
How long has he been away?
He's been gone for three days, but he hasn't returned yet.
adj.fmlpast; previous; last
the last year
v.fmlget rid of; remove
This shampoo is for dandruff removal.
Peel it before you eat it.
You can't eat melon seeds until they are shelled.
v.fmlbe away from; be apart from in space or time
It was 50 years ago.
not far from each other
v.fml(used between a verbal or prepositional structure and a verb or verbal structure to indicate the former is the way, direction or attitude of the latter, while the latter is the purpose of the former) to; in order to; through; by; from
conduct an inspection from the principal aspect
go to a factory to see an old friend
take a bucket of water to water the flowers
v.fml(used after a verb or verbal structure to indicate an action that has started) be about to; be going to
She has gone to the library to borrow books.
Let's go to play football.
I will go to check the file.
prep.fml(used after a verb to suggest the movement away of the speaker in the middle of an action) away
take it away
The bees are flying into the flowers.
Take this and give it to him.
He has travelled to countless places!
That's really quite a forest.
n.infmlfalling tone, one of the four tones in classical Chinese and the fourth tone in modern standard Chinese pronunciation
This word should be read with falling tone.
v.dialplay a role; act a part in (a local opera)
What role is she given to play?
Words and phrases with 去
- 去国[word]leave one's country
- 去痛[word]kill pain
- 去你的[word]The hell you are!
- 去除[word]get rid of
- 去病[word]wipe out/cure a disease
- 去取[word]go and bring something back
- 去恶务尽[idiom]do away with evil completely
- 去芜存菁[idiom]same as 去粗取精
- 去粗取精[idiom]discard the dross and select the essential
- 去本就末[idiom]barter the trunk for the branches
- 去伪存真[idiom]discard what is false and keep what is genuine
- 去邪归正[idiom]depart from the evil and return to the good
- 去芜存精[idiom]discard the dross and keep the essential