v.face; turn in the direction of
The house looks to the south.
He walked towards his office.
The window faces to the east.
n.an emperor's reign; dynasty; reign of an emperor
during the reign of Emperor Kangxi
n.court; government; royal court
v.have an audience with (a sovereign); make a pilgrimage to (a holy place, temple, etc.)
have an audience with
Words and phrases with 朝
- 朝贡[word]present tribute
- 朝廷[word]imperial or royal court; imperial government
- 朝觐[word]be received/admitted in audience by; make a pilgrimage to worship a holy statue, place, etc.
- 朝山进香[word]go on a pilgrimage
- 朝山[word]make a pilgrimage to a temple on a famous mountain
- 朝野上下[idiom]the court above and the masses below