v.touch; contact; strike
The gentle touch of his hand on her shoulder made her jump.
He scored the first time he touched the ball.
v.stir up sb.'s feelings; move
The story of their sufferings moved us deeply.
You touched a raw nerve when you mentioned his first wife.
His pale eyes bulged as though he might suddenly have been afflicted with insight.
Words and phrases with 触
- 触动[word]bump; touch one's heart
- 触雷[word]touch off a mine; incur big trouble or danger
- 触杀剂[word]contact insecticide
- 触变剂[word]thixotropic agent
- 触屏[word]touch screen
- 触机[word]have a brainwave; seize an opportunity
- 触物伤情[idiom]things that reopen somebody's wound
- 触类旁通[idiom]understand something through the use of an analogy
- 触手可及[idiom]within reach
- 触景生情[idiom]memories revive at the sight of familiar places
- 触目皆是[idiom]exist everywhere within eyesight
- 触景伤情[idiom]become beset with memories in one's old haunts and fall into one's melancholy condition again