v.shout; cry out
Don't shout loudly.
I cry out in my sleep.
He almost had to shout to make himself heard above the music.
v.call (a person); call to somebody
Give him a shout before you go.
You go and give him a shout.
He called me in to hear my opinion on the matter.
I call him uncle.
Words and phrases with 喊
- 喊叫[word]cry out
- 喊话[word]propaganda directed to the enemy at the front line; communicate by tele-equipment
- 喊冤[word]cry out one's grievances
- 喊嗓子[word]practise/exercise one's voice by shouting or singing in the early morning; shout loudly
- 喊门[word]knock at the door
- 喊冤叫屈[idiom]complain loudly for an injustice
Chinese Characters with pinyin hǎn