The pond is about five metres deep.
Do you know how many meters is Yangtze River's deepest point?
There wasn't enough water to float the ship.
adj.(of colour) dark; rich
My sweater is dark red.
I have dark blue pants.
The color of that shirt is too dark.
This book was greatly favoured by the audience.
The child was deeply sympathetic.
He was deeply moved.
adj.thoroughgoing; penetrating; incisive
He left a deep impression on me.
Please think in-depth about a question.
I didn't go in depth into the matter with him.
adj.profound; difficult to understand
The article implies profound meaning.
His lectures always proceed from the easy to the difficult.
The book is too difficult for children.
adj.late; far on in the day, night, season, etc.; very long time since the beginning of something
It was deep into the night.
depth of a field
Words and phrases with 深
- 深呼吸[word]deep breath
- 深入[word]go deep into; thorough
- 深挖[word]dig deep
- 深交[word]close friends; have an intimate association
- 深邃[word]deep; profound
- 深造[word]pursue advanced studies
- 深入细致[idiom]in a meticulous and deepgoing way
- 深藏不露[idiom]keep one's own counsel
- 深入人心[idiom]win support among the people
- 深入浅出[idiom]explain the profound in simple terms
- 深思熟虑[idiom]careful consideration
- 深信不疑[idiom]believe without a shadow of doubt
- 深更半夜[idiom]deep into the night