Structure:Left to right
v.carry in breast; hold with both arms; embrace; hug; hang together; band together; join together
The mother is holding her child.
He took the child in his arms.
v.cherish; harbour; nurse; hold; entertain
They all have lofty ideals.
With regard to that decision of her, many people beg to differ.
I still have a glimmer of hope.
v.have one's first child or grandchild
She's just become a grandmother.
v.adopt (a child)
This is his adopted child.
Her daughter is adopted.
measure wordarmful (of)
three bales of coarse pine
You can just get your arms around this tree trunk.
This jacket fits me perfectly.
This pair of shoes fits me perfectly.
v.hatch (eggs); brood
The chicks have hatched.
a broody hen
v.be ill/sick; be in poor health; burdened with
Words and phrases with 抱
- 抱合力[word]cohesive force
- 抱瑜握瑾[word]carrying fems in one's bosom and grasping valuables in one's hands
- 抱子弄孙[word]carry one's grandson in arms and dally with him
- 抱骨垫[word]periosteal pad
- 抱病[word]be ill
- 抱恨终身[idiom]cherish hatred all one's life
- 抱成一团[idiom]gang together
- 抱残守缺[idiom]cling to the past
- 抱头鼠窜[idiom]flee ignominiously
- 抱薪救火[idiom]carry wood to put out a fire
- 抱头痛哭[idiom]hold one's head and cry one's heart out
- 抱恨终天[idiom]feel bitter regret for the rest of one's life
- 抱负不凡[idiom]cherish extraordinary aspirations
- 抱关击柝[idiom]petty officers