n.periodical; journal; newspaper
The announcement of his death appeared in the newspapers yesterday.
v.report; inform; tell about
The candidates called out their own names in turn.
The house is on fire. Report a fire quickly.
Young men these days tend to tell happy things to their parents rather than report sorrowness.
bulletin of good news
Tooth for tooth.
How can you revenge for private grudge?
Hate begets hate.
v.repay; reward; show gratitude to
He responds with a smile to my question.
The audience respond with warm applause.
retribution before our eyes
Words and phrases with 报
- 报效[word]render service to repay a kindness
- 报偿[word]repay; monetary reward
- 报界[word]the press
- 报送[word]report and submit
- 报销[word]submit an expense account; hand in a list of expended articles
- 报账[word]apply for reimbursement
- 报社[word]general office of a newspaper
- 报仇雪恨[idiom]take revenge
- 报应不爽[idiom]repay unfailingly
- 报仇雪耻[idiom]take revenge for an insult
- common measure word"报" is often matched with measure word "张"or"摞"or"沓".
one piece of newspaper
one pile of newspaper
one stack of newspaper