Level:
ReadWriteQuiz
Chinese dictionary
v.lose heart; be disheartened
我灰心了。
I am discouraged.
成功不骄傲,失败不灰心。
When you succeed don't get conceited, and when you fail don't be dejected.
我从未见过他这样灰心。
I've never seen him so disheartened.
不怕失败,就怕灰心。
Do not fear failure, and fear only discouragement.
不要灰心!
Don't lose your heart!
虽连连失败,可是他并不灰心。
He's not discouraged despite his repeated failures.
他告诉手下人不要灰心,并说他们很快就会发现金矿的。
He told his men not to lose heart, saying that they would soon discover gold mines.
即使失败十次,我也不灰心。
I'll never lose heart even if I should fail ten times.
antonym
Word usage
- Separable word"灰" and "心" can be combined as one word, or be used separately with other elements inserted.
考试失败,让他灰了心。
He was discouraged by his failure in the exam.
她碰到的困难很多,但从没灰过一次心。
She encountered a lot of difficulties, but was never discouraged even once.