adj.inclining to one side; slanting
The sun is in the west.
He turned his head.
That shot missed.
adj.partial; prejudiced; biased
have partiality for somebody or something
She is partial to the study of basic theory.
She prefers expensive things to shopping.
adj.uncommon; rare; out-lying
I'm not allowed to go, so I'm simply going to go.
Why ask him, of all people?
Why must he do it that way?
v.deviate from the normal standard
The body temperature is a little higher than normal.
relatively low salary
v.polhave had (a meal)
I've already eaten. Please, go ahead.
Words and phrases with 偏
- 偏袒[word]be partial to and side with
- 偏食[word]partial eclipse; partiality for certain foods
- 偏生[word]same as 偏偏
- 偏科[word]favour one subject over another
- 偏差[word]aberration; deviation
- 偏听偏信[idiom]be biased
- 偏安一隅[idiom]be content to exercise sovereignty over only a lesser part of the country