conj.if; in the event of; in case (of); supposing
Call me if you have any difficulties.
If you have different opinions, please do not hesitate to point them out.
In case of accident, please dial 110.
v.as; like; as if
The sky is like a mirror.
He loves factories as home.
The lake is like a mirror.
v.for instance; for example; such as; as
There were many celebrated poets during the Tang dynasty, such as Li Bai, Du Fu, and Bai Juyi, etc.
I like eating fruit, such as apples, bananas, oranges and so on.
There are many animals in the zoo, such as lions, tigers, elephants and so on.
v.as good as; stand comparison with
I'm not as good as he is.
I am not as good as her in study.
Better to do that than do this.
v.according to; in compliance with
to one's liking
have one's wish fulfilled
according to appointment
The situation is getting better year by year.
Our lives are getting stronger every day.
The patient's body is stronger day by day.
go to the toilet
(adjectival suffix in classical Chinese indicating a certain state)
The house was emptied out.
handle a situation with ease
Words and phrases with 如
- 如兄[word]sworn elder/older brother
- 如弟[word]younger sworn brother
- 如果树[word]if tree
- 如约[word]according to appointment
- 如汤浇雪[word]easily done
- 如故[word]as before; be like old friends
- 如鱼得水[idiom]be in one's element
- 如愿以偿[idiom]have one's wish fulfilled
- 如释重负[idiom]breathe a sigh of relief
- 如出一辙[idiom]run in the same groove
- 如此这般[idiom]in this way
- 如痴如醉[idiom]be out of one's mind
- 如数家珍[idiom]be very familiar with and proud of what one is talking about
- 如此而已[idiom]that's what it all adds up to
- 如火如荼[idiom]like a raging fire