v.know; recognize; understand
He doesn't know a single character.
have eyes but fail to see Mount Taishan
person of insight
general or elementary knowledge
Words and phrases with 识
- 识趣[word]know how to behave in a delicate situation
- 识谱[word]read music
- 识别系统[word]recognition system
- 识破[word]see through
- 识荆[word]have the honor of making your acquaintance
- 识羞[word]feel ashamed
- 识度[word]knowledge and magnanimity
- 识途老马[idiom]an old horse who knows the way; #$
- 识文断字[idiom]able to read
- NoteWhen pronounced as "shí", "识" means "know, recognize", such as 识字" and "见识"; when pronounced as "zhì", "识" is a classical Chinese word, and means "signs", now is still used in the words such as "款识".